Featuring Rimage Filtered Positive Airflow
Catalyst systems offer industrial grade hardware, front-office friendly design, and professional quality disc production, ideal for medium-volume production needs. The series includes Catalyst 6000N, which contains an embedded PC, and Catalyst 6000, which requires an external PC.
- Disc Capacity: 150
- Resolution: 600 LPI (Everest 600) / 300 LPI (Prism 3)
- Print Engine: Thermal Retransfer
- Loading: Fully Automated
- Ribbons: Everest 600 CMY, Everest 600 Black, Everest 600 Transfer, Prism Black
- Number Of Recorders: 2 x CD/DVD or BDR
Rimage Catalyst™ is the perfect hybrid of the rugged durability of Producer systems, with the features of a Professional system. The robustness Catalyst shares with Producer allows Catalyst to operate in less than ideal environments while still being easy to maintain. With reliability as the foundation for Catalyst systems, other features and quality of life improvements were then added as the system was developed, based on user feedback gathered since the Professional series was launched. This offers an ideal package to customers who require the highest performance but do not have the high volume requirements to justify a Producer system.
Chris Heim, CEO of Rimage, explains, "Catalyst, as its name implies, is designed to be a change-agent for our market. We analyzed everything - customer feedback, market trends, service logs, printing preferences, component durability, and usage patterns. Starting from the ground up, we engineered a new system that incorporates our most durable components, interchangeable printers, air filtration innovations, new usability features, and a small-footprint frame. Catalyst is a best-in-class system that is unlike anything else in the market."
- Rimage Catalyst systems feature powerful printing, with the world's best full-color and thermal monochrome disc printers. Select from Everest® 600 or Prism III™.
- With positive airflow through a front-accessible filter, two quick-release front-swappable recorders, front-facing hard drive bays and separate printers, Catalyst systems are designed to be easily maintained in any environment.
- A three-bin carousel handles up to 150 discs, and Catalyst has a 50-disc external output bin.
- Additional features include a two-line LCD status display, integrated DiscWatch™ status light, front-accessible USB 3.0 port, locking door, and internal lighting when the door is opened.
- Rimage Software Suite 9.1 included with Catalyst.
- Options include Blu-ray Disc™ recorders, and a Media Reader.
Filtered Positive Airflow
The Rimage Catalyst™ series introduces filtered positive airflow into the Rimage product line, offering reliability in environments where dust or debris in the air would normally cripple sensitive robotic systems. Air for cooling is pulled into the system through a commonly available filter, driven by the system's fan. This increases air pressure inside the system, preventing nearly all dust and dirt that would find its way inside. Air leaving the system is actively pushed out due to this air pressure, effectively restricting debris from coming into through system vents.
Tests showed that even with an 80% blocked filter, Rimage Catalyst systems are able to operate normally. Please note that Rimage recommends checking and changing the filter regularly to ensure the filter remains clean, for optimal performance and continued operations. The Rimage Catalyst series is ideal for reliable operations even in challenging environmental conditions.